~ 1 Comment

Laundry: the Bane of My Existence

Isildur's Bane. The evil ring that enticed Isildur to greed and pride, and then betrayed him to his death. Just the thought of it was enough to drive terror into the heart of courageous men everywhere in Middle Earth: the One Ring.

THAT'S how evil laundry is to me! It consumes my energy, my time, and my joy. I literally spend hours a week in front of the washer or dryer - just to turn around and do the same thing the next week. My children are constantly asking me for clean socks (the nerve!) or pajamas when I am SURE I just washed everything in the entire house.

The problem is bad enough because there are six people in this house. Then, add to that the fact that two of these people are little boys who enjoying "fishing" for crawfish in muddy ditches, one a little "princess" who hates to wear anything that's dirty, another's a 5-month-old spitter who can't stay in one outfit longer than 30 minutes, and there's another one who works so hard in the yard I can NEVER get the grass stains out of his clothes. I think I should buy stock in Gain and Downy because we are going to keep them in business for at least 10 more years - by ourselves!

I have to say, though, that I'm GLAD to have this problem to complain about. Otherwise, my little boys would miss the fun of getting their hands in the dirt, of exploring and discover new (and icky) creatures. My daughter would not get to know the fun of dressing up and being a lady. My husband would never have the satisfaction of a pristine yard. And my baby wouldn't be here to spit up on everything.

I guess it's worth it. =)

1 Response to "Laundry: the Bane of My Existence"

  1. gravatar
    Anonymous April 28, 2008 at 6:35 PM Permalink

    Oh, see, I don't mind the washing and drying...the machines do all the work. It's the folding and putting away that I hate! My girls love to fold and put away, so they have been doing that for months now. Yeah!! Get Matthew and Annie to fold for you. =) Don't tell them I suggested that...they might start strongly disliking their "Aunt Rebekah." =)