~ 2 Comments

This is the Day...

You thought I was going to sing, huh?

Seriously, Sunday's wear me out. We hit the ground running and keep going all day long. So why am I still up? I guess its because when you've been "working" all day, you're ready for some downtime at the end of it - and that's what blogging is for me. =)

Work at the church is going great, it just requires a lot - physically and emotionally. It's very rewarding, though, seeing the kids progress and learn and have so much fun.

What is Sunday like for you? Restful & relaxing? Or stressful and busy?

2 Responses to "This is the Day..."

  1. gravatar
    Anonymous April 28, 2008 at 6:28 PM Permalink

    I would have to say more stressful and busy than restful and relaxing. We are generally home for a grand total of 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon, and that includes finishing and eating lunch. I can't really take naps either. They usually just make me feel worse. So, yeah, I'm pretty much exhausted when we get home at 8:30-9pm that night.

    I guess it's not asking too much of us to spend one full day a week worshipping and serving the Lord, right? Is it a sin if we inwardly sigh and lightly mutter under our breath? Just kidding! LOL!!

  2. gravatar
    Lindsay April 28, 2008 at 6:56 PM Permalink

    I think it's a mindset thing, too. If you go into the day thinking "Day of Rest", you're going to be sorely disappointed, and, therefore, aggravated. But if you go into it knowing what it's going to be, and compensate for it in other ways, then I think you're heart can be open to what the Lord can do through it.

    That's why we don't make any appointments, do anything difficult, and usually don't do school on Mondays. It helps me cope with Sundays knowing that Mondays are our "day off".