~ 1 Comment

Curves Update

So I'm sure you've been desperately wondering how my workout routine is going. Well, since you asked, I'll tell you!

=)

First of all, I am NOT making it at 6:45 every morning! Wasn't that a silly goal? Seriously, my goal is to make it before Jeremy goes to work (supposed to be 8), so that means I have to get up at an ungodly hour (I'm still not sure God is up before the sun...). Some days that happens, but others it doesn't. And you know what? It's okay.

I make it about three times a week, which is my minimum. I'd like to go every day, though, for several reasons.

#1: It's 45 minutes all to myself. I can talk if I want, but I don't have to. I can think.
#2: When my workout is done, I spend 15 minutes stretching - and it's the only time during the whole day I will hold still!
#3: It gets me moving. I love the feeling of knowing I've done something good for my body at least once during the day.
#4: Because I get so thirsty, I end up drinking a lot of water while I'm working out. And, if I workout in the morning, that starts my day off on a really good foot.

So, what about results? Other than more energy (which is always a plus), I actually lost 1 1/2 pounds, and 9 inches in the last month!!! Crazy good! I'm not actually trying to lose weight, and they did warn me that I might actually gain some (did you know that muscle weighs more than fat?), so that was a pretty cool deal.

Anyway, that's my update for this month. I'm sure in the months to come you will find out all you ever wanted to know (and more) about my workout routine!

1 Response to "Curves Update"

  1. gravatar
    Rebekah Downs May 29, 2008 at 6:02 AM Permalink

    Sounds like you're doing great! Yes, I know that muscle weighs more than fat. It's more dense, so it takes up less space than fat. That's how you lose the inches and not necessarily a lot of weight.

    Does your gym not have child care? When I used to go to Shapes, they had a child care room where they would watch your kids for like 2 or 3 hours. So, I could get in an hour of cardio and an hour of weights...it was great! =) Anyway, I asked you that, because if you do that, then you don't have to worry about Jeremy's work schedule and can go a little later in the morning.

    Keep it up! You're doing great!