~ 0 Comments

Summer is here...finally

Okay, so I love going and doing things and being busy and productive. I am the type of person who would rather be out, around people, doing stuff than staying at home. (Incidentally, my husband is exactly the opposite! He'd rather stay home any day of the week...)

BUT

I am GLAD that summer is finally here! Again, please don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the things that we do...Jeremy & I take commitments very seriously, and before we agree or sign up to do something, we want to make sure that we can do it well and with our whole hearts. For example, I love children's choir...I love adult choir...Jeremy loves the sound system...see what I mean? These are good things.

But everyone needs a time to rest and recuperate, especially after a very busy season. Which is what we have been through for the last two months. We have been going and going and going...like the Energizer Bunny. The house is a wreck! Laundry is out of control (have you ever heard "Mom, I don't have any clean underwear..."). The kitchen is...well...you get the point.

So we are taking a couple of weeks OFF. Not from school, though, because the kids are excited about starting their new grades (more on that later), but otherwise, we are doing only the bare minimum. It has been a nice week, being able to stay at home, relax, and enjoy each other. We even have a whole Saturday where we don't have to get up and be somewhere!!! It's amazing! =)

So, here's to hard work - and the relaxation that follows it!