~ 1 Comment

Final Evacuation Diary Entry

We had a looong trip home from Wichita Falls. Normally 7 hours, it took 9+ with traffic. Still, we did really well, especially considering some others made the trip from Houston (normally 1 1/2 hours) in the same 9 hours that it took us from Wichita Falls. Yuck!

Let me tell you something, though - if you're ever going to be in an evacuation situation, Jeremy is the guy that you want to have with you! His normally irritating OCD definitely comes in handy in an emergency situation. His also (normally irritating) GPS Navigation lady was a lifesaver!!! It kept us from an extra 5 hours on the road.

We were all so glad to be home, though. We're getting back into the normal routine of life. Thanks for all of your prayers and thoughts.

No more hurricanes!!

1 Response to "Final Evacuation Diary Entry"

  1. gravatar
    Georgia September 10, 2008 at 4:08 AM Permalink

    I'm so grateful that your trip to and from Wichita Falls was so uneventful, in the grand scheme of things. We are acquainted with that city. We experienced some of what Wichita Falls had to offer in the wake of Hurricane Rita. I was about 10 months pregnant and I don't think I had ever been so hot in my life. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and they had to come and replace our air conditioning that wasn't working. I remember sitting in the chair while they took one unit out and brought another in trying to be as still as possible so that I wouldn't make the heat worse. And how about the night that I decided I must shave my legs so I got in the bathtub, only to think I was going to be a permanent installment there. Good times...

    We went to the mall once for about 10 minutes. We didn't see The Falls, but we didn't see the hospital either which was a blessing given my condition. Well, not that hospital anyway...