~ 0 Comments

Ike Update

Here we are now:

Photobucket

Expected landfall will be right over Galveston, as of now. They are talking a storm surge of 20 feet possibly. It shouldn't affect us where we are, but it may seriously affect our friends in Beaumont...we'll see.

On a side note, have you ever noticed the melodrama that totally invades the media-mindset during times like these? Check out the following headline from Foxnews:

Texans Told: Flee or 'Face Certain Death' as Ike Nears



I mean, come on - "face certain death?" This is gonna be a category TWO by the time all is said and done. I remember waiting out storms that were cat. 4's when I was a kid. When did a cat. 2 become cause for an evacuation, not to mention cause for panic and thoughts of "certain death"?

Oh, wait a minute - I know.

It was after Katrina.

Don't get me started.