~ 2 Comments

Jeremy the Hunter

As I post this, I want everyone to know that this is NOT a sarcastic post!! (I know...sarcasm from Lindsay? That's just crazy talk!!) Anyway, my husband is such an impressive guy, as you will soon see...=)

Jeremy went with some of his friends to the shooting range last week. It was actually his first experience shooting a gun...ever. He was shooting a deer rifle, and as he shot, he leaned in a little too close to the scope...this was the result:

Photobucket


There was evidently a lot of blood, and it was followed by a quick trip to the emergency room. Our friend drove him, and snapped this picture:

Photobucket

(I was glad it was THIS friend who volunteered to drive him, and not the one who said, "Can he wait until we're finished shooting?")

The result was 5 stitches. And a story that Jeremy had to repeat about 573 times over the past week:

Photobucket

Photobucket

He had an appointment scheduled to remove the stitches TOMORROW...but since our friend Ike is on his way, and all of Jefferson County is evacuated, no one is there! So, I'm researching the ramifications of leaving stitches in too long. It turns out it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal, if we were sure he could get them out Monday. But with not knowing, we didn't really want to wait that long. We had a couple of options. One involved a trip to the emergency room...in Beaumont. However, (as you can see here), traffic is SO BAD because of the evacuation that it would take about 2 days to get there and back. That left finding someone local. However, all the doctor's offices were closed. So we started thinking...how hard could this be? Jeremy was trying to talk me into taking them out at home. I could have/would have if I had needed to, but thankfully I was saved having to do that:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

By the way, he is absolutely THRILLED with me telling this whole story! =) I seriously think he's a very brave guy. He impresses me.

2 Responses to "Jeremy the Hunter"

  1. gravatar
    Rebekah Downs September 11, 2008 at 3:58 PM Permalink

    Matthew's right...his forehead does look like the stitches on a football! LOL!!

    One question...who was that taking out the stitches? That makes me slightly queasy just looking at the pictures. I don't think I could have done it.

    Now he'll have a battle scar...cool! =)

  2. gravatar
    Lindsay September 11, 2008 at 4:03 PM Permalink

    That's Enoch! Scary, isn't it?