~ 0 Comments

Bible Reading #1 and #2

Well, my first and second forays into reading the Bible through the year were  quite interesting.  Having read Genesis 1-2 HOW MANY times in my life, I didn't expect any surprises.  And I didn't get any. =)  I'm wondering if there is supposed to be something magical happen when you commit to reading the Bible daily.  So far, I haven't seen it.  


Anyway, we've been reading about Creation and then specifically the creation of man.  Then, the first two and a half chapters of Job, which are always very hard for me to read.  It just seems so senseless.  Why put Job through all of this?  Just to prove a point to Satan?  And Job's lamenting is very hard to read, it's full of such anguish.  I can't imaging hurting so much you really think it would be better if you had never been born.  

But, the last sentence of the chapter I read in Job said, "I can find no peace and no rest."  

The next sentence I read began, "And Jesus was born in Bethlehem."  

This first sentence I read in the book of Matthew, Chapter 2, really hit me, probably because of the hopelessness I had just read about.  It was the beginning of hope for all of us.  

I'll keep you posted on "the rest of the story."  Remember, you can follow along with me if you want to!  I've checked off the first two days.