~ 1 Comment

Garage Sale Stories Part 3

Story #1
Story #2

Told you I have a lot of stories.

The next treasure that came out of our Big Box of Junk was a Rescue Heroes remote-controlled car. Again, Andrew fell in love with this car. I did manage to actually tag this one and put it out to be sold. However, during the entire garage sale, every time someone could come up to our tables and peruse our items, he would be sitting on my lap whispering, “Please don’t buy it. Please don’t buy it. Please don’t buy it.”

See, I had made the mistake of telling him that, if no one had bought it by noon, then we would keep it. He spent the next two hours coming up to me, putting his hands on my cheeks, and hollering, “Is it the noon yet?!” “No,” I patiently responded. Each. And. Every. Time.

(He got the toy.)

So, you’re probably wondering what the result of all this hard work was. Well, they kids made $10.00. That’s not too bad, considering their weekly pay is about $2/week. Matthew, however, was disappointed. He said he was expecting about $80. Matthew is always my optimistic one.

1 Response to "Garage Sale Stories Part 3"

  1. gravatar
    The Hag family February 9, 2009 at 7:37 PM Permalink

    I'm loving your stories! Erica