~ 1 Comment

Annie & Wii Fit

Jeremy bought me an early Christmas present the other day: Wii Fit! It is an awesome addition to the Wii, with lots of fitness games, yoga, weight tracking, and tips that I have been needing. I've wanted it for a while, and the "budget supervisor" finally decided it was a good investment.

We have told the kids this is an "adults only" game. What this means in our house is that the kids may only play the game if an adult is playing with them. So this means, right now there is a lot of, "Mommy, do you want to play Wii fit?" :)

After finally giving in to relentless begging this afternoon, I let the kids play. One of the games is a "free run" - it sets the timer for ten minutes, and you run (in place) through the "park" on the screen. It's a really neat way to let your mind wander while you're exercising, but I thought it would be rather boring for the kids.

I was wrong.

Annie picked it because a kitty runs with you, and is your "guide". She ran the entire ten minutes!!! While she's running, Matthew is cheering her on. You can hear her running out of breath, and I'm constantly reminding her that she needs to move away from the TV. Finally, at about 8 minutes, she says, "It's a good thing I'm not really running, or I'd be really tired!"

I was rolling on the floor, while trying not to let her think I was laughing at her. That's my funny girl!

1 Response to "Annie & Wii Fit"

  1. gravatar
    The Hag family November 10, 2009 at 3:44 PM Permalink

    I love that - kids say the funniest things!!! :)