~ 4 Comments

Almost finished!

Here's where we started

Then we were here.

Now, I've finished the top of my "soon to be" quilt. I've crocheted all of the squares together, and crocheted a border around them. As you can see, they weren't all the same size to begin with, so once they were all put together, they are not exact or even (by ANY stretch). Still, it was a good first effort and joining squares, AND it was my Nanny's work that I was working with, so it is very special to me. I'm thinking, too, that when we tack it and quilt it together, we can stretch it a bit to look more even.

Anyway, there ya go!





Posted by Picasa

4 Responses to "Almost finished!"

  1. gravatar
    Georgia April 28, 2009 at 10:10 PM Permalink

    Lindsay,

    That looks fabulous! You are really doing a great job! Crocheting is something I don't know how to do, but would like to learn. I am still working on my quilt which is supposed to be a Mother's Day present for my mom. As soon as I get the binding tacked down, I'll post some pictures.

  2. gravatar
    Rebekah Downs April 29, 2009 at 8:38 AM Permalink

    Good job! I know that's got to be special to work with something that your grandmother worked on.

    Can't wait to see the completed blanket...

  3. gravatar
    The Hag family April 29, 2009 at 6:28 PM Permalink

    I think it looks wonderful! What an awesome treasure it will always be! What else are you going to do with it? Shelly

  4. gravatar
    Lindsay May 2, 2009 at 12:25 PM Permalink

    We're just going to put a liner and a backin on it, and Tie it. Shouldn't take too long...?